Conservation Easement

13.71 acres (7.97 acres marsh)

Fronting Scenic Highway 174 and comprising the headwaters of Store Creek, the Old Schoolhouse easement offers beautiful marsh views and maintains the natural vegetative buffer along the creek. This property is adjacent to the site where the historic Seaside Colored School was built in 1931 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994. The schoolhouse was later moved to Peters Point Road.

News & Events

Upcoming Events

  • November 13, 2021
    Walking Tour – The Hutchinson House, Edisto IslandRead More
See The Calendar

Latest News

  • October 25, 2021
    Shellabration! Read More
  • October 4, 2021
    Saltmarsh Society Creekside Cookout Read More
  • September 14, 2021
    National Parks Service Awards Grant to Edisto Island Historic Hutchinson House Read More
See more News